The Vision of the Ministry
To promote and encourage an environment in each marriage that honors God, brings fulfillment to each partner and enhances the family bond.
- Short exhortation.
- Tabling the Vision, Objectives and Goals for discussion and finalizing.
- Plan activities for 2010.
- Inform executive of the National Couples planned end of the year activity.
- Any other business.
- To provide sound biblical doctrine on marriage.
- To teach couples to acknowledge God as the source of their fulfillment.
- Creating a greater understanding of the roles of the man and of the woman.
- To establish stronger family ties.
- To provide relevant information to parents on effective training and support of their children. (Request from SIM)
- To establish an environment that is sensitive to peoples’ needs and maintain confidently.
- To bring couples together.
The Goals of the Ministry
- To assist in the education and enrichment of Marriages.
- To teach couples how to minister to each other.
- To help rekindle romance and develop relational intimacy in marriage.
- To encourage proper management of conflicts and to equip couples with the skills to communicate effectively to resolve marital problems.
- To equip couples with proper parenting skills.
- To help couples resolve financial issues.
- To organize social events in an effort to foster relationships amongst Christian couples.
- To facilitate links between matured couples and newlyweds.
- To use the CEM as a tool for evangelism.
- To promote unity of couples amongst evangelical churches.
- Carry out a survey to establish the needs and interest of the couples in the assembly
- Conduct counseling lessons for the executive
- Build a hotline for Couples including a quarterly newsletter
- Fun raising activity – sponsored walk
- Monthly couples meeting – zones
- Family Week – family extravaganza
- Adopt a couple
- Support the National Couples activities
- Prayer meeting
- Monthly prayer meeting for couples – zones
- CEM executive member’s fellowship night